About Things Remembered
We do business in retail stores primarily located in shopping malls, online through our website and through catalog orders.
We empower our associates to have an effect on both the day-to-day functions of our business and look at the bigger picture as well. We foster a winning and entrepreneurial culture.
Whether you work in our Home Office, help produce and ship our products in our Fulfillment Center or are working directly with customers in more than 600 stores in 48 states, you'll be touched directly by both the reality of business and the heartfelt stories that come through our doors.
The Things Remembered mission is to please our customers. We will do everything possible to serve, guide, and help our customers find the perfect personalized gifts for all gift-giving occasions by:
- Providing gift solutions for all gift-giving occasions. Whether it's a sweet 16 or a 50th birthday, a first baby or a promotion to a new job, we will help you find that special gift.
- Offering exceptional customer service, not only to help customers find the right gift, but to help with the personalized message to make that gift even more special and memorable.
- Building a relationship with our customers. We want all of our customers to be customers for life, and that's why we offer a Satisfaction Guarantee. In addition, we offer a Rewards Club program where customers receive valuable savings every time they shop.
How We Began...Where We Are Today
Things Remembered began over 40 years ago as a small engraving and services shop called "Can Do". And today, Things Remembered has grown into the nation's leading, and most successful, retailer of personalized gifts. We're proud of our longevity in the retail business and we are committed to continue to offer beautiful, unique, quality, personalized gifts to our customers.
Today's Things Remembered customers can browse through our collection of gifts that goes far beyond expectations. Plus, we'll engrave gifts purchased elsewhere! No matter what the gift or where you purchased it, we can engrave the item for that extra, personal touch. Simply bring your item to any of our 600 nationwide mall locations and one of our experts will carefully engrave it.
Things Remembered offers three ways to shop. Whether you're shopping online or in one of our 600 stores across the country, Things Remembered customers receive excellent personal attention and service from over 5,000 of the friendliest, most accommodating teammates in the retail world. And customers can place orders directly through our Customer Service call center in North Jackson, Ohio and they'll be treated to equally attentive service.
Company Fact Sheet
Things Remembered Company Fact Sheet - Fact Sheet write up Things Remembered.
Things Remembered Company Backgrounder - Background write up Things Remembered.
Our Special Relationship with the Make-A-Wish Foundation®Things Remembered and Make-A-Wish Foundation®: Creating Memories, One Wish at a Time
Our commitment to the Make-A-Wish Foundation began in 1997 with one child's simple wish. Elysia wanted to give her loved ones personalized gifts so they would always remember her. What sprang from her wish has grown into an annual program that has raised more than $5.7 million, assisting the Make-A-Wish Foundation grant more than 740 wishes. To honor Elysia's memory, Things Remembered continues to donate a portion of the proceeds of Make-A-Wish® gift sales to the Make-A-Wish Foundation, which grants wishes to children with life-threatening medical conditions.
We extend our sincerest appreciation to the thousands of customers who have purchased our beautiful Make-A-Wish keepsakes over the past years, or made a cash donation, to help make the contributions possible - and children's wishes come true.
Back to top
Our Commitment to Our Communities
Our commitment to the community is to "give gifts from the heart" to enhance the quality of life for others. Things Remembered supports The American Cancer Association's Relay For Life, The March of Dimes, The United Way, Domestic Violence Center, Fresh Air Camp, Rebuilding Together, and The Susan G. Komen Race For The Cure (Breast Cancer Foundation, Northeast Ohio).
We're Honored to Have Received...
- 2008 - Things Remembered was recognized by the Association for Retail Environments with the Store Fixture Award for our new store prototype.
- 2005 - We were honored to be voted into the Employers Resource Council's "Northcoast 99", recognizing the 99 best places to work in Northeast Ohio.
- 2005 - Things Remembered was recognized as a "Platinum Sponsor" for donating one million dollars to the Make-A-Wish Foundation® in one year.
- 2004 - Things Remembered was recognized with the Cause Marketing Halo Award,which honors the best cause marketing work through the partnership of profit and non-profit organizations.
- 2003 - Things Remembered received the Make-A-Wish® WishMaker Award, which "recognizes a fund-raising partner for embracing the Make-A-Wish mission and weaving its tremendous commitment to giving into the fabric of the company, as well as the spirit of the people."
- 2002 - Thingsremembered.com was recognized by BizRate with the "2002 Circle of Excellence" award. This Gold Honoree Award for Customer Satisfaction is based on surveys from hundreds of customers.
- 2002 - Things Remembered was honored to receive a Pillar Award and The S.H.A.R.E. Award for community service.